The Oscars are this weekend and I am totally looking forward to them. It’s always fun to put my votes against those of the Academy (and my husband!)
It got me to thinking about a different kind of Oscar. No, not that guy in South Africa with a fresh batch of personal problems but rather the “Office Oscars”.
- Most Supportive Co-Worker – to the colleague who covers for you on those long breaks
- Best Inspiring Manager – to the boss who starts nagging first thing on Monday morning
- Best Collaborator – to the associate you meet in the elevator who helps solve a thing that’s been on your mind for days
- Best Producer – to the group who keeps putting homemade treats in the kitchen
- Best Special Effects – for the manager who leads a pretty good meeting even though you know he is royally hung over
- Best Sound Effects – to the person in Vancouver who always sneezes into their headset during the webinar
- Best Make up – to the lady in the next cube who is also a Mary Kay rep
- Best Costumes – to the colleague who can successfully purchase a whole outfit on a coffee break
So, there you have it. Who would you nominate?