December can be a tough time to be a job seeker. Even if they got a package and are not feeling the financial consequences, it’s still a difficult time. Everyone seems to be going to company functions and doing gift exchanges with colleagues or having lunch with customers.
Aside from missing the structure and community, they are worried about what they will do next. It does not matter if you are an Assistant or an Assistant Vice President, the same kind of anxiety rolls over you in the middle of the night.
- Haircut – a gift certificate for a spa, salon or high end barber shop
- Accessories – tie or scarf to freshen up an older outfit
- Starbucks Card – it’s nice to be able to get out of the house for a treat
- Prepaid Sessions with a Coach – life coach, career coach or fitness coach –any of these experts will add value and structure
- Introductions – what could be better than receiving a call out of the blue with an offer to get together to discuss an opportunity? Think of the connections you could make to help someone out.
- Time – an invitation to lunch, dinner or even just coffee will be very appreciated. It will serve as a reminder that the world is still revolving and opportunities will come.
Best wishes for a successful conclusion to this year – may it be a fantastic jumping off point for next year.