It’s that time of year again – the time of year when we fill the malls looking for the perfect gifts. Is there a job seeker on your list? It’s unlikely you can find them a job to wrap up and put under the tree but here are some gifts that they might really appreciate.
- A new dress shirt and scarf/tie – these are things that are bound to make them feel better as they log into the next Zoom interview
- A month of LinkedIn Premium – you can read about that here.
- A couple of hours with a career coach
- A compilation of the best career podcasts or TED Talks
- A gift subscription to a magazine. A real magazine that comes in the mail. That way when they go to the mailbox, there will be something good to look at instead of just bills.
- A gift certificate from Vistaprint for business cards or personalized thank you notes
- Resume review with an experienced resume editor
- Send a Skip the Dishes gift certificate. They can use it for coffee on a crappy day or a meal for their family. It is sure to be appreciated.
Have fun shopping!