If you don’t have a smartphone, stop reading this and go read the newspaper instead.
If you do have one, then you have a great job search tool in the palm of your hand.
- You have access to your personal email all the time.
- You can store your resume on your phone or in dropbox mobile so you can to send it to people while you are on the go.
- You can sign up for email or text alerts so that when stuff you like comes up, you can be notified right away.
- You can get the freshly updated LinkedIn app (very slick).
- Monster also has nice app for iPhones and androids.
- Most job boards have mobile versions of their sites. This makes it easy to scout new opportunities over a sandwich or on the train.
- Once the interviews start happening, you can use an interview prep app to practice the tricky soul searching questions you will undoubtedly be asked.
So what are you waiting for? Get on it!