At lunch yesterday, we were talking about what other types of jobs we would consider doing. We said that we might want something that was more reflective of our passion or maybe something that had a little more joy associated with it.
I discovered that people (even in my business) have a pretty narrow view of the jobs available. Not a lot of interesting stuff floated to the surface in our conversation.
So, I did a little research and have compiled a list of jobs you might not know exist. This is a handy little list for yourself, your partner or maybe your kids. (Take the salary ranges with a grain of salt – you can’t believe everything you read on the web!)
- Golf Ball Diver: $50,000 – $100,000
- Sex Toy Tester: $39,000
- Professional Snuggler: $60 dollars per hour
- Food Stylist: $33,000 – $58,000
- Embalmer: $45,000
- Oil & Gas Diver: $80,000
- Ethical Computer Hacker: $24,760 – $132,322
- IMAX Screen Cleaner: $45,000
- Voice Over Artists: $50,000 – $80,000
- Personal Shopper: $25,000 – $100,000
- Air Traffic Controller $120,000
- Packaging Engineer $85,000
- Technical Writer $65,000
- Hot Air Balloon Tour Guide $35,000 – $50,000
- Snake Milker – $30,000-$50,000
- Laughter Therapist – priceless
You can google (really….you can) any of these jobs to learn more about the lifestyle impacts and transferable skills that you may already have.
Can you hear your next career calling?