Podcasts seem to have fallen out of favour recently. I am not sure why. They are free, useful, sometimes relevant and allow you to listen to different points of view while you are carrying out mundane tasks like vacuuming or commuting. What could be better?
Here is my top ten list of job podcasts. Just log on itunes, search for the title and hit subscribe.
- Career Cloud Radio – lots of interviews with experts
- Three days to a Raise – career tips with a bit of inspiration
- HBR IdeaCast – highly credible information, sometimes a little dry on the delivery
- Career Tools – Lots of variety and interesting ideas
- TED Talks Business – TED talks are always good
- LJN Radio Job Search Guide – small market podcast with good info
- Human Workplace – Liz Ryan is a very popular LinkedIn columnist – practical and funny advice
- Get it Done Guys Quick and Dirty Tips to Work Less and Do More – these guys have been terrific for years
- The Ziglar Show – including tips from Zig Ziglar’s mom
And finally, when you have had enough, you can turn to CBC’s Laugh Out Loud Podcast. It features Canadian stand up comics doing their thing. It won’t help with your job search but it will definitely put a smile on your face.