It’s that time of year again – the time of year when we fill the malls looking for the perfect gifts. Is there a job seeker on your list? It’s unlikely you can find them a job to wrap up and put under the tree but here are some things you can give that they might really appreciate.
- A new dress shirt and scarf/tie – these are things that are bound to make them feel better as they step into their next interview
- A month of LinkedIn Premium – you can read about that here.
- A couple of hours with a career coach
- A compilation of the best career podcasts or TED Talks
- A gift subscription to a magazine. A real magazine that comes in the mail. That way when they go to the mailbox, there will be something good to look at instead of just bills.
- A gift certificate from Vistaprint for business cards or personalized thank you notes
- Resume review with an experienced resume editor
- A fancy pen or folio to complete the accessories for their interview outfit
- Guest passes to a couple of yoga or meditation classes
- Coffee gift cards. There will always be time to use up before interviews and wrapping your hands around a hot cup of coffee or tea is a lovely way to deal with that. As an added bonus, if they meet someone randomly, they can offer to take them for coffee without worrying about having cash.
Have fun shopping!